Friday, February 22, 2008

More fun times on the Lake

Well, this week it was below zero again with wind chill reaching a "chilling" 50 below. We can't believe it. Although, since I've been growing out my beard it hasn't been all that cold. Emily calls me the "mountain man" and to be honest, how fitting is that. About a month ago we saw a deer mangled on the side of the road not to far from us. We asked around and did some of our own research and we concluded it was probably a bobcat or cougar. A bobcat or cougar.....you gotta be kidding me!!! We asked our neighbor about it who has lived on Island lake his whole life and he stated it isn't that uncommon to see bobcats, cougars, or wolves out here. Lo and behold Emily saw a wolf walking on the lake toward our house just the other day. Need I say it.....we need a gun and dog to protect our selves!!! We've learned a lot out here, absolutely love it, and look forward to many scary adventures to come!!!! And believe me.....I will be writing all about the adventures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just remember to eat what you kill Langes!

Anonymous said...

just remember to eat what you kill Langes!
- JR