Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy New Year

I hope all of you are well and free from sickness. Our entire family was ill with the stomach flu between Christmas and New Years! It was awful! Thanks for all your pictures and Christmas cards, they were great! It was fun to see how all your children are growing up and how all the men are losing hair! Its nice to know I'm not the only one going bald.

We are finally feeling settled up here in the Northland. Our "brave" deer has seemed to drift off into the woods and hasn't returned for a couple of weeks. We have experienced more snow fall this year than either Emily or I can remember dating back to childhood. Ash and Isaac have been loving the snow, sledding and learning how to cross country skii. Emily is feeling better from her tail bone injury and been able to Xcountry skii as well. I have been enjoying some time off for the first time in over two years. I (We) are so glad to be done with school. I start my new job on Jan 21st and just yesterday I found out I passed my certification exam. I am officially a CRNA now! Praise the Lord. That exam was so hard and I did it, but only with his strength!!I give Him all the credit and glory for getting me through these last couple of years and passing the cert. exam. Praise Him!! So, if anyone wants thousands of anethesia notes to use and study up on, or just for kindling for a fire, let me know!!

We are now in the waiting phase for our new adopted baby. It is estimated we should have our baby sometime over the next year! We can't even believe it. In some ways, it will feel like our first child because our kids are older. We are praying now for all the circumstances surrounding the baby, the babies mother and the timing of the adoption.

Just on aside, the other day Isaac and I walked out to the Island directly across from our house. Previously we attempted to, however, we discovered it was a little too "slushy" to attempt to cross. This day the water was solid. This was the first time I ever "walked on water", what was Peters problem....lol. Anwyays, Isaac and I had an imaginary picnic that consisted of burgers, beans, corn on cob and watermelon. It was fun and a great bonding experience for my son and I.

1 comment:

Sarah Martin said...

Hi Guys~
Great Blog spot! I like all of the comments... Love all of the pictures...! Looking forward to coming up to see your beautiful haven and spend some QT with your family... The lake is so breathtaking! I'm jealous! I hope you have a great weekend! Love you- Sarah